Monday, 16 April 2007

"Helen"
3 rounds of
Run 400m
21 KB swings @ 35# [subbed for the orig. 55# - don't own 55#ers
12 Pullups

Time: 14:50

Did this with Justin, David, and Craig. Aria and Jen worked on the beginner's program.

Compare with previous Helen (which was part of the "austere" program) my time was 0:05 seconds worse than before, but each round this time was 12 pullups instead of 10, and the kb swings were 35 instead of 25#. The pullups were better overall, with the first set being a solid 12, the second a solid 6, and the third with a few solid pullups and lots of slop. Last time was pretty sloppy all the way through. AND our last 400m was a touch short of 400, while this 400m is actually measured from the front of the house, while we're running from the back. So I'd have to conclude that I did more WORK, REPS and DISTANCE and kept my time almost the same. I'd say that an increase of 10# x 62 swings + 6 pullups is a pretty good tradeoff for 5 seconds.

No comments: